Welcome to the Lincoln Arts Council
The Lincoln Arts Council, in cooperation with the Kimmel Foundation and the Kimmel Harding Nelson Center for the Arts, announces two special Mayor's Arts Awards available to emerging artists and writers working in Lincoln, Nebraska. Begun in 2009, the Lincoln Mayor's Kimmel Foundation Award includes a two-week residency at the Kimmel Harding Nelson Center for the Arts in Nebraska City and a $1000 stipend. Awards will go to one emerging visual artist and one emerging writer. Only emerging artists working in Lincoln, Nebraska, through year-end 2019 will be considered for this year's award. Award winners will be chosen by panelists in February.
There is no application fee. Award winners will be notified by the Lincoln Arts Council and recognized at the Lincoln Mayors Arts Awards on Thursday, May 9, 2019. Ability to attend the Mayor’s Arts Awards is a condition for selection.
The Lincoln Arts Council is the City of Lincoln’s agency for the arts, supporting the work of arts organizations and working artists within the city through a variety of programs and services. One of LAC’s programs is the annual Mayor’s Arts Awards that recognizes contributions and achievements in the arts in the Lincoln community. The Kimmel Harding Nelson Center for the Arts hosts an artist residency program and gallery located at Nebraska City, Nebraska. It is a project of the Richard P. Kimmel and Laurine Kimmel Charitable Foundation, Inc. More information on these organizations can be found at www.artscene.org, www.khncenterforthearts.org, and www.kimmelfoundation.org.
In keeping with its mission “championing the arts connecting people, changing lives,” the Lincoln Arts Council is pleased to award grants to support arts projects in Lincoln. This funding can support any expense directly related with the project, except for those expenses itemized below under Restrictions. Grants will be awarded in amounts up to $750.
Applications will be accepted starting October 22, 2018 and must be submited online no later than December 14, 2018. Projects that receive funding must occur between February 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019. Notification of funding will occur by January 21, 2019. A final report is due to LAC by February 15, 2020.
1. Applicant organization must be an arts organization (50% or more of budget is allocated for arts programming). Not a member yet? Arts Org Member Application can be accessed using this link.
2. Applicant organization must be a current member of the LAC.
3. Applicant organization must be a 501(c)3 (submit documentation if not already on file with LAC).
4. The project must benefit Lincoln.
5. Requests must not exceed $750 although the request may be used to supplement a larger budget.
1. Arts projects or programs of the highest quality.
2. Arts projects or programs that reflect creativity and innovation.
3. Arts projects or programs which show cultural and generational diversity in programming.
4. Programs for under-resourced children and youth.
Applications are reviewed and scored by panelists on the following criteria:
1. Community impact, especially for under-resourced audiences. (40%)
2. Experience of the organization and/or experience and qualifications of artists and administrators of the project. (30%)
3. Inclusive programming: events or programs that include audiences from diverse cultural, demographic, geographic and economic backgrounds. (30%)
4. Additional scoring points will be given to projects not previously funded by an LAC Project Grant.
The grant will not fund the following:
The purchase of equipment and/or software.
Reception or per diem expenses.
Faith-based (liturgical) programming.
The Mayor of Lincoln, in cooperation with the Lincoln Arts Council, will formally honor contributions and achievements in the arts at the 2019 Mayor’s Arts Awards to be held Thursday, May 9, 2019 at Pinnacle Bank Arena. You are invited to nominate a project, organization or person for recognition. A panel of community professionals will select the honorees.
If you have questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (402) 434-2787