In keeping with its mission “championing the arts connecting people, changing lives,” the Lincoln Arts
Council is pleased to award grants to support arts projects in Lincoln. This funding can support any expense
directly related with the project, except for those expenses itemized below under Restrictions. Grants will be
awarded in amounts up to $500.
Applications will be accepted starting October 20, 2017 and must be postmarked/e-dated no later than
December 15, 2017. Projects that receive funding must occur between February 1, 2018 and December 31,
2018. Notification of funding will occur by January 22, 2018. A final report is due to LAC by February 15,
1. Applicant organization must be an arts organization (50% or more of budget is allocated for arts
programming). Not a member yet? Arts
Org Member App
2. Applicant organization must be a current member of the LAC.
3. Applicant organization must be a 501(c)3 (submit documentation if not already on file with LAC).
4. The project must benefit Lincoln.
5. Requests must not exceed $500 although the request may be used to supplement a larger budget.
1. Arts projects or programs of the highest quality.
2. Arts projects or programs that reflect creativity and innovation.
3. Arts projects or programs which show cultural and generational diversity in programming.
4. Programs for under-resourced children and youth.
Applications are reviewed and scored by panelists on the following criteria:
1. Community impact, especially for under-resourced audiences. (40%)
2. Experience of the organization and/or experience and qualifications of artists and
administrators of the project. (30%)
3. Inclusive programming: events or programs that include audiences from diverse cultural,
demographic, geographic and economic backgrounds. (30%)
4. Additional scoring points will be given to projects not previously funded by an LAC Project Grant.
The grant will not fund the following:
The purchase of equipment and/or software.
Reception or per diem expenses.
Faith-based (liturgical) programming.